The change series: part 4. Enjoying life.

The more you think that you should think about things, the more you'll stress yourself out. Preparation can be done to a certain extent and after that you just have to get on with things. Every interaction can potentially teach you something worth learning. 
A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to go to Wales, it's about two and half hours away from here. I was skeptical of going all the way but I am so glad I made that decision. It was after a long time that I felt free and enjoyed just being me. Even though it was just a one day trip, it opened up the idea of making a two trip a possibility. Last Saturday, I went again but this time I had an overnight stay. 
The further I drove away from all the stress of work, the happier I felt. Out there, it wasn't clubbing, big cities and night life that I enjoyed, but rather the views and the country park walks. 
When you are able to disassociate the stresses that you carry around, you feel pleasure in the little things in life. Little things can be breathing in the fresh air as you look around a relaxing view from a cliff or it could be the face of friendly stranger passing by and saying Hello. 
The more you worry about what others might think of your happiness, the more scared you will be to enjoy life. If you can enjoy something, you should enjoy it fully and not let anyone "guide" you. Happiness comes from within, find what makes you happy and live your life around it. 
Get into the habit of enjoying your life, we all are going to die regardless so why live life all stressed.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts