Behind a mask, a sad story of Humor

She was beautiful, her nature timid, excitement in her voice would echo throughout the conversation and for the time it lasted, it was sublime. 
Days would pass away, till I would see her again, in the day dreams there was much enthusiasm but reality was far too distant. A slight tachycardia, the words would slip and a tree would become a chair, good would change to beautiful and in short, a pure sight of juggling, sheer entertainment for the ones passing by and utter surprise for her. My God, what do you want to say man!
Thankfully, she never said that, had she ever said that I might have gained some grain worth of confidence and actually spoke something which would make sense; however, somethings should best not make any sense in any season. The charm of confusion would have vanished and so would she have as well. 
I tried to speak my heart out, in whatever gibberish I could, but now with the Corona Virus scare, I think she would avoid contact, the occasional wave of a hello in the corridor would soon be a distant memory, the excitement in her voice would simply be an echo; the medical terminology would soon make sense but only when the dust would have settled. 
With the masks covering the face, I hardly think she would recognize me anymore, but alas in the end its the feeling of being incomplete which surrounds you, just like a warm blanket on a chilly night, a cup of coffee and another dream where imagination brings everything a hundred thousand steps closer than reality. 
Whatever little hope I had, corona you took it all away. Hidden behind a mask, a stranger to her and her story would be left pending to some other day. 

Comments

Popular Posts