Satire: The colorful flower and depression.

I enjoy talking of the things which I have experienced and today we explore the wonderful world of depression.
Is it a luxury that people continue to sink deeper and deeper into shades of black, find their thoughts clouded by dark clouds of depressive thoughts, where there is no light at the end of the tunnel and yet you say, just get over it. If things were easy to get over, wouldn't everyone smile! Let me walk you through something, again this is a feeble try at writing satire.

Where the colors are black and white, as if a video reel is being played from the early 1900s, there is no audio. Silence all around, just imagine how peaceful it must be to walk without anyone shouting, disturbing and all that. Suddenly you find a flower, this flower is unique, it has colors!
Oh my, what a wonderful surprise in this world of black and white; are you from the land afar I ask. From the land where you have never been the flower answers.
What land might that be? I curiously ask.
The land of happiness, of where depression never stumbles even in the farthest of the corners, the flower replies with a firm tone.
And yet, little colorful flower you are a part of this land which we call Depression, would you not wonder what pushes one to explore it?
I ask do you not see the vibrant shades of black, the ever so royal color of perfection which hides every flaw. As the sorrow comes around, I paint it with a stroke of black, no one knows if there is something troubling.
Flaws, you hide flaws with the black paint. There are no colors of life!, the flower shouts. You kill yourself from the inside, just to look as if nothing is wrong; what sanity is this? She demands answers.
Colors of happiness strike boredom, you know I was painting in the land you speak of, with this 36 colored pallet, suddenly it started to rain. Shades of red, white, yellows and greens all mixed with the ever so lonely black, and drastically everything changed.
I will bring colors back to this land, the beautiful flower squeals.
I laugh, don't you feel the odd one out in this world around?
Are you the one who belongs here, you are the reason you dwell here; you could choose to just get over it, her voice becomes distant as I pay no heed and continue to walk away.


Comments

Popular Posts