Satire. A weak try.

So a lot has happened. I graduated from med school, I'm a doctor now. So now I thought that I should change my writing taste, more towards satire and sarcasm. I enjoy using those in my conversations, not a lot of people seem to understand but some do.
Anyhow, let's give it a try shall we, you of course are most welcome to give your feedback and no, there's no sarcasm about this. I enjoy reading the criticism, yeah in my excitement about writing satire and getting criticism I forgot how the word was spelled as.

Politics is something I refrain myself from getting involved into so the common things are what my satirical posts are going to be about.
Please entertain yourself with my charming words, if you want to read about the young love.

The mall is full of young faces, being alone at the tender age of 25 I feel as if I have an escaped from a geriatric care institute. in front of me sits a couple, behind me a double date and to the sides people holding hands or are they dragging the other person around.
Ah the fresh hit of puberty and the company of the opposite gender acting like a catalyst, when the raging hormones drive you crazy and suddenly you will accept everything that is said without a sense of logic.
Promises of loyalty, of dying together and words reeking so much of cheesy lines from movies, songs and cheap poetry. On one spectrum we see this side, but for the sake of love give them a moment, oh I can wait on for a few moments; I have lost some of my hair but not all. As I remember how I used to have scalp full of thick black hair, I also jump into the past and recall of how many times had I handed my heart to someone, be it a crush or be it an iceberg, I longed for a manual on love and the bed of roses which we are to lay down on after a heartbreak. Hold on, there was a manual, the one which every Pakistani parent throws your way, Beta yeh ghalat hai. (Dear, this is wrong) and there you have it.
At the age of 17 they act as if they have known the world, I wonder if he knows Pluto is a planet again or if she knows that he smokes all those ciggs just to seem cool in front of her. But of course, he does not know since all the time and every time he is thinking about her and yes, she knows but you know you have to hang out with the coolest. Or do they really know that bunking classes and telling their parents, Mom, Dad I am heading for the evening classes and could you give me some money, all these thoughts will get them to the ranks of Heer Ranjha and Saasi Punno. No wonder people have seem to forgotten the stories of Heer and her Ranjha, of Sassi and Punno because at every corner there is one, but wait, they are Romeo and Juliet,or, perhaps Jack and Rose from Titanic.
As I walk away after helping myself to the delightful feast of Portuguese styled chicken and french fries, I tell myself, you need to work on your satire, because, you have a long way to go and this is just not up to the mark.

Comments

  1. Hilarious.Made me laugh.Young love, and your writing has great potential to develop into a peice of entertainment that people wouldnt be able to resist,and can lift a person from their lonely and sorrowful disposition.humour on point.this writing suits you very well.I await more such content.the touch of Pakistani tradition and parent's views make it so relatable- which is something readers will find gripping their minds and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia baat hai manget.. ��☺️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts