Try the new stuff!

On the wall in front of me there is a post it pasted, it reads "Made it so far, can make it to the end. Try your best and just forget everything else"
I wrote it down almost 9 days before my exams started, I was stressed and then some unexpected events took place, my prep was just a disaster from then.
At the end of exams, I just wanted to pass them without any problems, the score did not matter to me. This was not the field I wanted to join in the first place, I had doubts at every single step.
5 years later, now being a doctor, one way or another I ended up at a place where I was supposed to be. In this journey, what I found out was that everyone has a different journey, our paths may intersect for a while but everyone will leave at the earliest when the moment comes. I enjoy writing, it is a hobby, its a way to speak my mind and to give a chance to bring my imagination out on a paper. But without this field, I did not know where my interest was.
I like story telling, it brings so many things into the light, one of the fundamental concepts of being a doctor is considering every possibility to be the future. You try your best, sometimes things work and other times they don't but when you are trying your best, you give every possible solution a try; with hopes that miracles do happen.
There was no hope that I would be sitting in those lecture halls, passing the exams and finally see the journey through. But it happened, I did it. There was faith, I had this gut feeling that yes I will do it. At first I did not knew what I wanted, I was the person who scrolls through the menu 10 times but cannot decide what to order, the people who are tired of eating the same dishes but scared of trying the new flavors. If you want to try something different, just know that there are two outcomes. There could be a possibility you may never order it again or there could be a possibility that you might order it over and over again whenever you come again. But to be in that position, you need to be confident enough to make a leap and then decide.
Try, experiment and live life happily. There are no extra points for leading a sad and restricted life.

Comments

Popular Posts