The Alchemist, boredom and trying for a change

I started reading The Alchemist a few days ago, and that too by the sheer boredom. Borrowed it from colleague cause all the books I have on my bookshelf are medical textbooks.
Had heard a lot about this book, usually I leave the books favored by the majority cause it becomes too "mainstream" lol 
Anyhow, the first few pages and bam I told myself that this is really good, I can't binge read it and deprive myself of the pleasure of understanding it. Not a lot of pages, if you have studied Davidson or Kumar & Clark you would just easily fly through this book but that does not yield any gratification.
Possibly, I couldn't have made much sense of this book earlier on; the depth of which Paulo Coelho talks about, you can only grasp the essence of it once you reach a certain level of maturity. Every page has something to teach, you will find yourself pondering about it, that life is all about realizing your dreams and then working towards them. It only helps if you are clear about your goals, we are all confused about everything, there is this hesitancy surrounding the decision making which eventually clouds you from taking the steps towards a change. We are all accustomed to the same routine. At times, we question the same schedule we live by everyday; but when an opportunity for a change comes by, we deny the possibility of it becoming a reality. 
The beauty about transformation is not the eventual outcome but the journey, we fail to understand this. The destination is something which we are all uncertain about, cause you can't accurately define someone's life, but the journey that is something we can be certain of. If only you choose to take the first few steps!

Comments

Popular Posts