Meniscal tear, Eid and life after Housejob

Two weeks ago, I had an incident which left me with severe knee pain. I was hoping to start on with the exercise schedule but then this happened. For a brief moment, I felt like that I had never experienced this before. Couple of minutes later, I remembered that I had experienced the same pain about four years ago as well. I ended up with the exacerbation of the meniscal tear in my left knee. Down to complete bed rest, having extreme pain, couldn't straighten the knee and simply going to the kitchen for a glass of water became a nightmare at times. But this brought me some time to rest, already life was going at a fast pace, running here and there to complete the documents; I had reached the point of exhaustion. 
                                      Nothing waits for anyone, I still had to get my documents. It felt pretty awkward walking in the hospital with a walking aid; I used to pace through the corridors and at times had to run to the wards, and now I was barely able to lift my leg without wanting to yell out. Got the documents and then had to get some office-work done relating to the registration. With a walking aid I had to cross the road, and at that moment I realized how lucky we are to walk independently, to not be dependent on others or walking aids. Crossing the road is not a big deal, but in that moment it felt like the most challenging position to be in. 

Eid was different this year, pretty silent and not the usual vibes. The Covid pandemic and the airline tragedy, it just didn't feel too bright. Me and my brothers get a chocolate bundt cake on every eid, we went to Freddy's on Sunday, and then yesterday as well, but they were closed. Cake was something that needed to be there, so got an oreo caramel cake. it was good but we missed our usual selection. 

Life after HJ is pretty strange, with the pandemic and all that a lot of things have changed. My plans are on hold, and now Im just not sure what to do currently. Should I stay home and focus on my exam prep or should I get out and search for a job. I know I cant sit at home doing nothing. Too restless for that, but I have to rest so that the knee heals as well. But the question then arises, which pathway should I lean towards. Should I focus on my original plan or bring the backup into limelight. So many things to think about. Oh well, at least for now I can just relax for a few days with no responsibilities at hand. The days to come will surely be interesting, at the very least. 

Comments

Popular Posts