Energy vampire

My mentor once said, pull back from something you are not happy about. And he was so right because If you're not happy there are very high chances that you won't have your full trust in whatever it is.
Last year I had an association with someone, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. When you see someone in the beginning, they have all these filters, it makes such a difference. Think about putting the different photo filters till you just get that perfect photo, something like that. Slowly and steadily the filters wash away and you're left with something that is sometimes very different from what you were shown at first. We all do that, it is a protective adaptation to filter out the people whom we shouldn't be close with from the ones we should be.

Relationships are advertised as something beautiful and magical but the truth is the real magic is within you, if you're not magical it won't be magic. So I realized late that what it obviously was, it wasn't something I wanted. There were so many lies, so much covers in that association and everything was touched with a generous serving of hypocrisy and emotional blackmail that it felt a fabrication even to think about it. I was very confused, at battle with my own self, this wasn't what I was told about. It was a misery, a pain, a trouble, a bother, so many lies, then when I finally broke away from that association I felt happy. I was free from the lies, I was not at war with my self and finally at peace.
But someone like that who is on such a level of toxicity doesn't leave you in peace, they try to destroy anything they can get their hands on. Someone like her will sink so low just to feel happy even if it means draining the life out of someone. Stay away from these energy vampires. Always break free from such associations even if it looks impossible to break away. You are better than what they've made you feel and become, you're better than what they see in you. 

Comments

Popular Posts