the coming birthday, some thoughts, a newfound love for books and missing my friends.

Last year on the 13th of June, it was a Thursday and I was doing my internship rotation in the cardiology department. This year, the same date but a different day, I am past the internship and onto a new chapter of my life.
A lot has changed over this one year, one of the easiest things that I notice is that my dependence on YouTube channels ,to kill boredom, has dramatically increased and I have an abundance of calling minutes remaining on my phone. This is the exact opposite to what was last year, my phone rarely rings nowadays; the last 365 days I was on the phone a lot, changes in the duty roster, consulting the senior team over the phone, sending texts back and forth, and alas finding a few minutes for my personal life was a real struggle. These days, I have all the time for my personal life and I realized that darn, its pretty much non existent, I revolved around my internship and nothing else I had planned. So now when the phone doesn't ring, when there are no texts, when the pen pal I had I lost touch with, I wonder why did I choose to make work the center of my life. Being home these past few weeks, the most profound thought came to mind, I did not actively decide what to do in life. Now that doesn't make sense, we choose to go to work, we choose to eat the pizza, that chocolate cake it doesn't fly to your plate, you get it on your plate, man!
The thing is, the hospital goes on without me, the duty rosters are being made with new faces managing them, there's a pandemic out there and guess what I want a slice of margherita pizza, anyhow, nothing stops and you shouldn't elevate something temporary to the status of the most important part of your life!!!!! Work, job, career sure you spend a great deal of time and energy into them but they don't stop without you!
This year, just the cake and family. Last year, it was a something more but you gotta be happy at what life gives you cause not a people have what you got.
As I mentioned about YouTube, there was video games too so when I felt like its a routine of waking up, having some food, videogames and videos. I borrowed  "The Alchemist" from a friend of mine, which I started to read in the last few days of the HouseJob and then went on a hiatus; ended up finishing it and enjoying a lot. Now came a thought, why not buy books and not waste time on the internet.
And it was a wise one. More on the books in the next posts.
I miss my friends, cause I was used to seeing them on everyday basis on the internship, it just feels different. You need friends, friends are more than the usual Jane or John Doe. Sometimes you miss them when you're way past a phase of life and have some time to reflect back on things.

Right, well that's enough keyboard punching for the day. Read, share and comment!

Comments

Popular Posts