The awesome weather, masala chai, a$sHoleS, friendship and confusion.

It's been quite a while since I have posted something on the blog. I had been thinking about posting, but just didn't find the time; anyhow, now I'm back and there are some thoughts I wanted to put up on the blog. 
First of all, it's beautiful right now here in Lahore. You'd want to sit in the balcony, enjoy a cup of masala chai, and if you have some cream puffs or fruit buns with cream cheese, I can assure you that you will simply be taken away from the worries of your everyday life. 
We have been living an awfully fast paced life, in the rush to get the things done we simply don't have the time to appreciate the simple pleasures, the happiness in simplicity and the generosity with life blesses us, to find the little moments of joy and satisfaction. 
I had a dog, well it wouldn't be right to call it mine, anyhow to cut a long story short, the original owner of the dog has him back now. So the thing about the pet, well they don't understand the technology like we do. I remember how happy Alpha was when I played fetch with him, and how big of a smile he had on his face when I would rub his head, these were just simple things and they made me really happy as well!
I miss the dog, but that's life. Getting something from someone you know always has a different price, if I would've known it beforehand, I probably wouldn't have taken that dog and gotten myself a different one. 
You'll always hear this, always listen to people but do what your heart says. Well, does that make sense? If you're standing on a bridge with the intention of jumping to end your life, and this person comes along and tries to persuade you to give life another chance. What will you do? Well, be logical and think about things. When you're alive you have an opportunity to do something, be it big or small, you have that opportunity of doing something, a try which so many people who died would've loved to get. You should listen to that person, smack some sense in your mind, breathe and sit down. Have some coffee and sit back on a bench in the park around the mid-evening and just appreciate that you have a life to live. 
I have a tear in my meniscus, it's the cartilage in your knee, and to be honest I had never appreciated health but now climbing stairs without pain is something I know the value of!! 
Learn to appreciate thing while you still have the chance. Yes, our lifestyle, the race to perfection, the sprint to being the number one and all that has made most of us grade A a$sHoLeS, people who are unable to think about anything but being in the spotlight. We all love to give explanations of why this happened, talk about things in the relative concepts, and usually we choose to run away from accepting our mistakes and our shortcomings; perhaps, that's what makes us un-receptive to the beauty in the little things. 
Friendships are based on trust, honesty and commitment. We come across a number of people, to some we decide to give the title of a "friend", but not a lot of them deserve it. Build a castle for yourself, in your mind, call it your kingdom and just for a moment realize how much of a responsibility is on your shoulders. Now, come back to your life, this is what you face and yet most of us never understand the depth of our choices, the words and actions we choose to do. 

Comments

Popular Posts