A not so sunny day at the beach



There is a small town not far from where I am these days, the only interest I had in visiting was that it had a beach. It had been on my list for a while now, and I had been looking for opportunities to go there. Every week I would tell myself that I am going there on this free weekend but that day would never come. I had visited the same place nearly two decades ago, wow I feel old now. 
This morning I stepped outside for a walk, and then I told myself that this weekend again I didn't leave the small town where I am. It was still dark outside and it was 6:30 am.  Half way through my walk I decided to finally go to that beach, I wanted to watch the sunrise while leaning against the bonnet. That image came to my mind, but probably summers are best for that kind of adventure. 
I reached around 7:35 a.m, the sun was already up but there was this happiness of going somewhere rather than being stuck in one place. I parked nearby and started walking around. There was no nostalgia, but there was the happiness of enjoying the present, today, in all its glory.  
There was a small bouquet of wilted white roses on one of the benches, there might be a story attached to it or may be not but it did make me think, what if someone had their heart broken right here or may be someone had left these behind to honor a beautiful memory, but alas who knows. It gave me an opportunity to take a few photographs and maybe I can pen down a story. 
Nearing the end of my adventure, I stepped down on the beach. That feeling of walking on the sand, as you feet sink in, the sound of waves, and you can see them rushing in on the shore. The air was filled with the aroma of fish and chips, perhaps it would have been best to have fish and chips today but some other perhaps. 
You don't need someone to help you build your adventures, all you need is you. Its perfectly fine to be scared but taking little steps takes you one step closer to the destination. You can start with something small but you have to start. And that's what I wanted to do, next off is a landmark on the list. Somewhere up north. Let's see when I can make that journey but for today this was an adventure that I had enjoyed thoroughly. 
I have attached some of the photos below. Hope you had enjoyed reading the post and seeing the photos.










Comments

Popular Posts