Fog, U2, the little things and a wish.

14th Feb, it started off as an ordinary day but it was a not so ordinary day for me. No, I did not have any date to get ready for. I was working today so you can imagine the starting was a bit mundane, I woke up around 5 am and decided to go for a walk. 

It was foggy outside, quite strange as the past few days have been clear. I enjoy going on walks. Some "me" time is always nice. I love how the wind brushes against your face, it makes you feel alive. I first felt this feeling last year, when I was in Liverpool. Hahaha I was sort of scared of how windy it was there, but I enjoyed it and it was beautiful. 

If you haven't heard of U2, I suggest that you listen to a few of their songs. You just might like them, the reason I mention this here is because in the background a song by U2 (the little things that give you away) is playing. 

I was having a chat with a consultant about how time is flying away and that was a bit of a worrying sign. I realized that I had been just counting the days rather than living them. How strange. Just think for a moment, if you just make it through the day what do you cherish? Nothing. But if you live, you can at least find one small achievement in that day that is truly yours. Don't let anyone tell you that the little achievements don't matter, they matter. You passed a cannula, feel happy about it. You wrote something, you need to feel good about it. Took a good photo, you deserve that smile. Cooked something good, you deserve to enjoy it and to live the moment. You bought something good for yourself, be happy about it. You learnt something new, there is something to be happy about there as well. If we stop appreciating the little things, soon the bigger things will also stop bringing in that gratification as well. Treasure those little moments where you feel that joy, that happiness and where you feel proud of yourself. These little moments will help you when you feel down, they will bring you up, they will give you that extra oomph that you need to get out a tough spot. 

My heart aches to tell of a story, I wish I had an audience in front of me right now and I would narrate this story. Alas, not all the wishes we have can be fulfilled right away, maybe someday perhaps? Let's leave it at that. 

Comments

Popular Posts