More on self confidence

I thought I should put some more stuff about self confidence. well mostly cause I think it's a necessity to talk about it. It helps me when I write about things which I need to work on and improve, self confidence being one of them. Another weak area is grammar but its not that bad so self confidence for now.
We plan a trip out of Lahore once a month or sometimes every second month, since it's over the weekend I look forward to it with a lot of excitement. I get to drive and improve on the motorway and highway driving, also cause I don't worry a thing about my studies on that weekend and being far away from the hustle & bustle of big city life is a huge relief. And usually the only thing I do is catch up on my missed sleep.
The motorway driving is fairly uniform, there's nothing new in that. Avoid getting a speeding ticket and don't drive too slow. But once the motorway journey comes to an end, the highway starts. The highway journey is full of excitement, adrenaline rush and requires a lot of concentration. There's no divider between the opposing traffic, a lot of potholes and a number of small population areas along. The oncoming traffic includes trucks, buses, tractor trolleys, motorcycles, cycles, passenger cars and SUVs and a few times some animal carts; okay there's nothing new. Well the traffic type may not be new but their way of overtaking is. Once you're on the driving seat and on that road, you need to have faith in your judgement, every time I drive on that road there are a few times when I have to have absolute faith in the decision I make cause one slight mistake, a fall from the ladder of confidence and it could be a disaster, so what do you do when are at a critical point, well for starters you don't look back, what else hmm okay. Well imagine you're balancing yourself on a thin wire and you're about 200 feet high up from the ground, now you wouldn't want to look down or would you? What would you see, before you could see, you'd lose your balance and fall to the ground. That's not a good end to any story, it's just like missing out on that last bite of a Nutella naan (if you haven't had it, you need to try that ASAP!), couldn't make it to the end. Sad really, no one would know what you were actually capable of. I know I'd be sad if I couldn't make my writings into a book and then have it published, I know I'd be sad if I didn't get to enjoy doing surgeries, I would be sad if I couldn't live a life which I wanted and I definitely would be sad if I couldn't make the changes I want to make in my life. If you slip and fall to the ground without making it across the that thin rope, you'd be sad cause you weren't able to do what you wanted to do. The ground is the harshness of this world, your self confidence is the rod you're holding and it will help to balance you, your journey is the thin rope you're walking on and that other building is your destination.
Before you look down and lose your balance let me tell you this, once you fall you can't get back up again, sometimes you're at the make or break point of your life and if you lose that vital bit of confidence then trust me, it'll be near impossible to break that fall and climb back up. Before you lose that confidence, tell yourself that you may never get this opportunity again and before you take that next step, tell yourself your life depends upon how you place your next step so you never make a mistake. Forget what others might say, forget the second thoughts and forget the ifs and buts, it's only what you have that actually matters.
Do share your thoughts and thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. Surely,a lack of confidence can pose an issue when it comes to making decisions and a spur of the moment loss of belief in one's potential- at the crucial moment can result in drastic consequences. These could have easily been avoided had one kept their cool. Analogy for the matter is very well placed to make the concept clear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts