Paeds Ward Test

Today was the last day of the rotation in Pediatrics and so it was the day for the ward test. I had a busy day yesterday and before that I wasn't motivated enough to study seriously for it so I spent the morning trying to cram in as much as I could.
Finally, I was sitting at a question station, there were five stations with different questions and the time duration for each question was four minutes, after the four minutes you had to move onto the next station. Shouldn't be that tough.
Out of the five, the correctly attempted were three and I think I'd get a mark for the differential diagnosis part but overall I screwed up two whole stations. Once the time was over for the test, as usual I asked people about the answers and what I believed was tuberculin skin test turned out to be a lumbar puncture and what I thought was to be Dengue hemorrhagic fever turned out to ITP. Everyone got those right, I didn't. Some laughed at the answers I wrote and my go to sentence would be F*** me, but this time I thought what difference would it make if I got it wrong. Maybe I'd flunk this ward test but what else? Nothing really. The world doesn't end at this ward test and no one's laugh matters, I'm pretty sure they'd make a lot many blunders here, there and everywhere. So the next time you don't do that good on a test, your interview doesn't go well, your promotion doesn't get through, someone laughs on your answers or nothing goes your way, Just remember it never is the end of world, don't tell yourself F*** me instead you tell yourself that next time it'll be better and that making mistakes is a part of human nature and a part of being a human. Stop worrying what others will think, I used to worry but now I take a good look at others and I could count the number of mistakes they make, everyone makes mistakes, if you keep counting your mistakes and never learn from them then there isn't anything bright out there. But if you emphasize on your mistakes and learn from them, then there is something very bright out there and it's called evolving. Stop believing that everyone you meet matters, they don't, their laughs don't matter at all; what matters is you learning and evolving from whatever you experience, whether defeat or success. Learn from the minor setbacks and be thankful that you got an opportunity to learn before a major setback could happen. 

Comments

Popular Posts