Standards of the society.

A few days ago I heard this song about this song "dilbar dilbar" from a number of people. The original song was released for a movie called Sirf Tum back in 1999 with Shushmita Sein as the lead dancer for it, this recreated version has some "modern" touches to it and Nora Fatehi definitely pulls off some moves that literally leave you stunned and the best thing is her facial expressions, they are just captivating.
At first I only heard the song without the video but then I looked it up on YouTube and that was a pretty interesting thing.
                                      Her face and all those moves, just makes me wonder where can I find an everyday girl who does that? These videos create some benchmark or have some effects on the desires of the population who sees them.
But in all those movies, the main actor is all muscles and stuff, well not every male is a muscle dude and not every female can pull of exotic dance moves, so I wonder if there's any hope for the "average male" and the "average female"
Though no one is average, we all have our specialties, but comparing it to the standards being set on screen, I used the word average.
Though one enjoys a good performance on a "tempting song" once in a while but the film industry and the society needs to focus on the average person as well.
Hey I write good stories, I can bake some super nice cookies and I write a blog, do I have any chance of knowing an "average" girl who can pull of those moves without hurting her back or getting sprains in her neck and feet, probably no.
If you're a girl who can pull of those moves, hats off to you, if you're guy who works hard in the gym and has got pumped up muscles, hats off to you too; but if you're just an "average" person like me, welcome onboard and bake some good cookies cause lifting weights isn't that hard, but baking some good tasting cookies is the real deal!

Comments

Popular Posts