People will disappoint.

People tend to disappoint, it's a fact. Everyone has expectations from someone and no one can always fill the expectations. It's something natural when you have some sort of relation, whether work, social or personal you always end up having expectations. How many times you didn't expect your friend to not help you or how many times you didn't expect your friend to lend you some support, almost always we want someone to be there for us in whatever the situation it maybe.
For example, I used to have expectations that I would get a reply from someone if I send them a message or wish them on an occasion or simply I could find a new association with someone if I am polite enough and if I follow the general rules of good presentation, but that mostly proved me wrong, why if I ask myself. Well simply, expectations. The other person most definitely has some expectations from you too, it's not just yourself.
Over the years I had some long distance friends even though I had communicated with a lot more, one or two mails exchanged, then when I told them that hey I'm from Pakistan, almost 9 out of 10 didn't reply. I don't count it as a bad thing cause everyone has the right to converse with whomever they want and they have some expectations too, so simply put people do tend to disappoint but you can save yourself from that phase of disappointment by not expecting anything from anyone. I used to expect my friend(s) to sit with me and have a chit chat but now I don't, I'm pretty happy sitting alone and eating whatever I want. I used to have expectations of getting a reply or having an interesting conversation, I can't say I have gotten over this expectation completely but I'm very near to that place where this too will cease to exist.I don't expect anyone to give me company cause let's face the fact it's always upto the other person, if you can fulfill their expectations you get something, if you don't well you don't get it. And same is the case with yourself, if someone doesn't fall on your expectations, generally you don't want to associate yourself again at that level.
Key is, if you don't get what you want, you don't segregate yourself and don't think that you're being treated differently, think what you'd do if you were in that place. But if you're genuinely being treated differently well then you need to change the position and place you're in; more on that in some other day's post.
Expect nothing, be prepared for everything. Don't agonize yourself when people disappoint, humans aren't perfect and you, me and who's a human has flaws, people will disappoint. The essential thing is, are you willing to be disappointed or are you willing to make a change that's needed.
Make the change, stop having expectations and invest in yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts