Change for the better and look ahead.

If I find something interesting about me, I have to write about it. I was driving to the college and a car went past me, and I recognized it as a junior's. I can make a very good connection with the face of a person, their car and the license plate.
So I started thinking that they had just started their clinical years and that is just exciting and boring at the same time. Exciting because you learn clinical stuff, boring cause you're not gonna be tested on these subjects in the university exams, so you don't really put in a lot of effort either. While I thinking about it, waiting for the red light to turn green, I thought why am I stuck at something. I made it to the final year of medical school, I have made it to the last clinical year, life is so exciting being in an all clinical setting. Every patient is a new world of possibilities, their name is different, their signs and symptoms are different and so is their treatment. Like why am I not focusing on all the good that's to come ahead.
I also remembered how I used to be and then I look at how much I have changed, I had zero self confidence, I would hide behind the next person so that the teacher wouldn't ask me for a question, I wouldn't be willing to give the answer even if I knew it, I would think that everyone knows a lot more than me and that I know nothing, I would be worried about what people would think, I would be worried about sitting alone drinking my cup of tea and not having any friends at all. Then I looked at who I was now, I was more confident (though not as much as I want to be), I don't really care about what people think, I like sitting alone and drinking my cup of tea (no extra people, no drama), I want to give out the answers and I do give out the answers (though I'd like to make my voice a bit more louder), I'm willing to take initiate to learn. I went to the ward and looked for interesting cases, I talked to patients and I examined them, last year I wouldn't have ever done that. I talk to people, I don't get anxiety, I don't fear the teacher's questions cause you only learn by trying.
I came so far, I made positive changes in my life, life has so much to offer and why wasn't I looking at what's ahead. Probably because I feared it would change me, but listen, life is all about changing and evolving. We were using steam engine and now we are seeing full electric cars, change is a part of life. You don't change, you don't succeed. Look for the good, look for the positive, negative points are there to help your learn faster, they're like a catalyst or an enzyme.

Comments

Popular Posts