Last academic day. The journey comes to an end.

What felt like a part of life which would always be there has finally come to an end, it was the last academic day of medical school. There is a roller coaster of feelings, sometimes you just can't believe that a journey has to come to an end.
Parting ways is always hard, but good things are to come ahead. Ten years from now, I probably won't remember most of the people I studied with, but looking at that photograph might send me through a series of flashbacks.
I still remember the first week of my life at CMH, shy, scared and no confidence. My mother wanted to take a photograph of me in front of the college auditorium but I didn't know the importance of making memories back then. Haha, now I know.
The sad thing is that you don't get to see so many faces you spent five years with, the good thing is that I'll be working to make someone's life a better in whatever way I can. Time teaches you something, every phase has a limited time frame, once its over you must be ready to move into whatever life has planned for you.
It's exciting, waiting to know that at the end of the journey there's a title waiting, Dr.
Soon it will be , Dr. Sermad Mangat. Later on perhaps an orthopedic surgeon.
Quite the transformation from the 19 year old who walked through the gates of CMH Lahore medical college, to a 24 year old me. Whatever I have learnt here, I wouldn't have learnt anyplace else. The people I met here, there are some negative aspects in your interactions with everyone you meet, but what matters the most is that with almost everyone I met, its the positive memories which shine the brightest. Whoever you are, I have learnt something from you and learning is always positive, so thank you for being a part of my memories, my journey and being there in whatever capacity you were there.

Comments

Popular Posts