Mental health and your key to happiness

Mental health is something so significant that you just can't imagine. The key to a mental health is your ability to find happiness in life.
Unfortunately I had a tough time finding what makes me happy, I used to keep a tightly knit group of friends in hope that I will never feel how much I need to work on myself.
Almost everyone that I know is self sufficient and enjoys good mental health, which is great. Excitement keeps the cover on my own abilities, the excitement of talking to someone, hearing from someone, knowing someone. But imagine, what if that someone wants a break from all this. for a few hours, some days and then weeks for whatever reasons they might have, maybe you have been replaced or perhaps they just need time on their own to assess what they've gotten themselves in. The excitement is no longer there to keep that cover on your weakness, and you are all alone.
There are two ways to go from there, either you can try to talk to that someone again in the hope that they will feel the void or you can pick up whatever little courage you have and just stop relying on that someone. No one stays with your forever, everyone is selfish when it comes to them. You are, I am, everyone is. So why do you let someone else hold the key to your happiness, this question I ask myself so many times but I can't answer it.
Maybe its nice to feel that you're wanted, but perhaps I am not wanted.
The more I keep believing that I am important to someone, that I am wanted, the more I fool myself.
I have to break the cycle someday before it breaks me, always wear the key to your happiness around your neck. The first step is knowing your mistake, the second is taking a walk outside with a mindset to improve, the third is to engage in a physical activity to give you a momentarily good feeling, the fourth is to find a long term replacement for this cycle, it can be anything, writing, reading, cycling, it has to be something productive and finally please don't look back when you're about to break the cycle. I have failed so many times by looking back and falling into the loop again and again.
Keep motivating yourself and please don't ever rely on someone else to bring excitement in your life, ti's your life not theirs. Learn to rise above, practice makes perfect. Take the initiative, I know it is hard, I struggle with this so much but I would like to be successful at this struggle someday and I would want you to be successful as well. Make a point of satisfying your own self. Find happiness on your own without someone, keep that treasured and a secret just for your own, even if its a person keep the secret to yourself till you know you're irreplaceable. be in-charge of your happiness

Comments

Popular Posts