Exams, book writing and Eclairs

Had the first exam today, well it was just an exam. I had made some blunders in the prep as always. Man I wish they had placed the track pad on this laptop in a better position and that the battery life was better than this but ah what the hell. I need it to last me some years. Though I am starting to hate this track pad a lot.
Anyhow, the exam it was a roller coaster, I knew some questions well and some I didn't know at all. I had taken a gamble and left a lot of the course so according to the prep I had it wasn't bad but on the whole it was a bad attempt on my part. I can only improve and well I haven't even been able to sleep properly today. Long long story.
So I have thought that instead of wasting time on Youtube videos and other stuff, I will start writing my book again. It needs work done and the chapters are just stuck at 31. Now I am stuck between the choice of adding more characters or keeping the focus on the very few I have written about previously, that is a tough question to answer.
Do I write more about the main character, the wife or his mistress. I have to change the name of the wife as well, Shamika does not have that zing to it, maybe I should keep it like that, I like something and someone which others don't really find that interesting or the person does not know about their own potential and well she does not know about her potential. Do I add the softer side of the character or do I keep him cold, distant and heartless, should I make the wife stronger or weaker, do I make the mistress more controlling or is she just interested in her own interests.
So anything new I learnt today, yes. The human nature encourages the adoption of a selfish attitude for the benefit of the self, that makes sense. Sometimes you come across someone who is having a hard time with something, whatever it might, and they might not be able to give you something which you wanted. Think of being in a bakery, it's near midnight and you want to eat eclairs,  they're about to close the shop and you have walked it wanting to buy eclairs. They have no eclairs, but you have the money. There are a few donuts around, they taste great, you look around but nah they don't interest you, you shout at the baker for not having eclairs, it's not their fault that they got sold out. Rather than being grateful that she didn't kick you out, you choose to be rude.
Sometimes this happens to us, sometimes we do this to others. We get disappointed and no likes that, but what if you just stopped for a second and asked yourself that should I be demanding eclairs in the middle of the night? Don't they have to sleep? Think of this example the next time you feel disappointed when someone fails to give what you wanted.
Your rudeness can have a huge impact, spread positive vibes if you can but don't spread hate and anger. Appreciate what others can offer, sometimes demands are too much to ask since you never know what the other person is going through, don't let a smile fool you, every face wears a mask, just like you.

Comments

Popular Posts