Ray of light

There's this gentleman who's well into his 70s and I have always seen him cycling to the mosque, even in the summers with fasting he'd cycle there and I'm surprised at how useless I am, I have all the luxuries in life and yet I couldn't give 5 minutes a prayer to thank Allah. 
Surprising. How we run after somethings and at the end they don't even matter. And it also is surprising how just one moment makes you realize how wrong your path has been, how wrong your preferences have been.

People who follow religion or are associated with one religion or another should definitely take sometime out and try to get close with whatever their beliefs are, it could bring you at a lot of peace and help you blend in with the society.
In the end it's just the bigger picture, you probably won't remember the last time you helped a needy but the one you did help will remember it for the rest of their lives, whether they choose to help you out later in life or not, that's another matter entirely but you will be at an ease of mind knowing that you played your part.
When you're gone from this world all people will remember is your name and your actions, try to live each of your new day better than yesterday, who knows how many days have we got left in our lives.

And as for me, I sincerely hope that this new ray of light sticks around for a long long time. 

Comments

Popular Posts