Cocoa, tea and more.

It is cloudy outside this morning, the olfactory notes one wears should resonate with the weather outside and the thoughts inside. A touch of cocoa with hints of stronger and refined tastes of the palate. But alas, you know I can never be too expressive, for it is you, a stranger reading this. 

As I breathed in beautifully blended notes, I found something missing. Could it be a cup of coffee or perhaps tea. Tea is simple yet it needs your utmost attention, pour too much of milk and it loses it becomes too sweet, add too much of water and it becomes runny and weak. You need a balance between the two, but wait there is something else, something that you have missed, the sweetness brought about by sugar. You can be purist and argue that tea does not need the semi-sweetness of milk and the sweet punch brought about by sugar, but hold on, this is a cup of tea for me and not for you. You can choose to stop reading right here if this has offended you, but life is too short for me to worry about offending you. Read if you want, go away if you have to. This what people do, if you like something you sit, if you don't like something you will simply leave. 

If you have worked with me, you will recall that I enjoy my work as much as I enjoy cooking. It is something essential, yes it pays the salary, a monthly stipend given by the society for the services that we offer to it. But life is painfully dull if you cannot enjoy it, that is at least what I think. It is indeed a concoction of  different chemicals that puts one off to sleep or numbs them for a specific duration. Anyone can cook a meal, but a beautiful meal is cooked by the symphony of the heart and mind, you need an alliance of the two. You make things streamlined, smoothen out the rough edges, yet there are elements that are beyond your control, that is the excitement of being alive. A certain degree of uncertainty, the rush of adrenaline as you look around and see nothing, blink again and if you take a deep breath, you can find that you can manipulate the situation back to helm of certainty, if and only if you had smoothened out the edges. But sometimes, things are cannot be diluted, this is where things are beyond your control. At least, you were prepared.   

The cup of tea is finishing, oh I wish there was another cup ready, freshly made right next to it. I will have to leave and come back if I want another cup, the continuity of thoughts will be disrupted if I leave my chair now. Yes, if you were to believe th

Coming back to life by Pink Floyd.

Comments

Popular Posts