Purpose of life

A few days ago I spoke to a friend of mine whom I've known for about 5 years, in these 5 years I mostly kept in touch with her over text messages and then I finally thought why not call her. Since there's an eleven hour time difference mostly the free time wouldn't synchronize. 

Fast forward to the conversation, I asked her what she thought the purpose of life was. She said we sometimes get so busy in the daily duties that we forget what we wanted to do. Hmm she put it into a good sentence there for me.
 
Sometime ago if someone asked me what I wanted to do, I'd have said an Orthopedic Surgeon, but that wasn't something I always wanted to do, I got interested in because of seeing some procedures in the Operation theater. So what did I always wanted to do, I wanted to travel. Growing up I heard a lot about countries like Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Italy, Scotland, Spain and the USA, some from parents who spent some time in a few of those places, some from my cousins who'd visit Pakistan. 
But it wasn't all the Western countries that I heard about, an uncle of mine served in the armed forces as a doctor and I heard a lot about the different places he was posted, I was very much interested in visiting a lot of places. 
A lot of places in Pakistan to visit, a lot of places outside of Pakistan that I want to see, then as time passed this interest of mine got lost behind the schedule of everyday life and a few days ago I started to wonder what have I been doing? 
I wanted to be a Dentist and I'm studying to be a Doctor, I wanted to travel yet I haven't even explored the city I live in, I write yet almost no one knows about it, I want to have thought provoking conversations with people yet I hide behind the cover of lack of self confidence, 23 years of my life have passed away and here I am thinking what I wanted and what I ended up achieving. 
Looking at what I have in hand isn't less than a fortune, but some hard work at the right time and the right place could've made such a remarkable difference in life,
I still want to travel, just that the list of places I wanted to go has gained some new entries.
Photography, travelling, writing these are the things that make me happy, where does being a Doctor fit in this picture. 
The simplest way for me to write is by learning experiences and caring for people teaches a lot of things, it helps me to create a vivid painting in my mind which I can put together in words and at the end of the day it'll help me finance my way to what makes me happy.

So from coming into this world, to the childhood to the your adult life, you might lose what you wanted to do, somewhere the daily schedule of waking up at 6 am going to work at 8 coming back at 5pm you might lose yourself to the daily drive, don't fall into each day thinking you just want to see the time be 5pm instead make the most of it, learn from it and don't repeat the mistakes you once made. 


Comments

Popular Posts